Your 8-day affordable escorted tour of Andalusia begins and ends in sun-kissed Costa del Sol where you'll begin by exploring the beach and resort towns. You'll visit the beautiful port city of Malaga - the birthplace of Pablo Picasso. Your guided tour offers an affordable vacation in some of the most stunning architectural and natural surroundings in southern Spain. From Malaga, you'll travel inland to Granada, through the grand scenery of Loja. Your visit of Granada is full of exciting discoveries, including the exquisite example of architectural beauty - the Alhambra Moorish hilltop palace. From Granada, you'll travel through Andalusia's renowned vineyards for wine tasting at a Montilla wine bodega. Next, your guided budget tour of Southern Spain will take you to Cordoba - considered one of Europe's largest 'old towns.' You'll notice the exotic Moorish architecture, and can opt to tour the Cathedral of Cordoba for a sterling example of this ancient design. You'll continue further into the heart of the Andalusian countryside to visit the dazzling 'City of Towers' - Ecija - before venturing on to colorful Seville. Your local sightseeing guide will show you all the highlights of Andalusia's capital city - alive with music and the passionate art of flamenco. You may choose to attend a live flamenco performance, indulge in delicious cuisine, explore the famous Calle Sierpes shopping district, or visit the exquisite Alcazar palace. Returning to Costa del Sol, you'll journey through the whitewashed villages of the scenic Ruta de Los Pueblos Blancos and Ronda's dramatic cityscapes and bridges that span the deep El Tajo gorge. Your Spanish tour through Andalusia is a budget trip through Southern Spain that offers new experiences and priceless memories to last a lifetime.
Call (866) 206-7713 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13996168
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2018
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Costa del Sol||Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free to enjoy the beach or to explore the resort towns of the Costa del Sol. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers.|
|Day 2||Granada||Begin the day with an orientation drive around the beautiful port city of Malaga, the southernmost large city in Europe and birthplace of Pablo Picasso. Founded by the Phoenicians around 770 BC, it's one of the oldest cities in the world and home to two massive hilltop citadels, remnants of Moorish rule. Later, head inland through grandiose scenery for a stop in Loja. Captured and held by the Moors, it was formerly known as Medina Lawsa until it was recaptured by the Christians in 1486 during the Reconquista. Explore this 'flower among thorns' before continuing to Granada, located at the foot of the great Sierra Nevada mountain range and at the confluence of four rivers. (B)|
|Day 3||Granada||Join your Local Guide for a visit to the famous and fascinating ALHAMBRA COMPLEX, which Moorish poets described as a 'pearl set in emeralds.' Dating back to 889 AD, this magnificent hilltop palace-fortress with its lavish gardens was built by Moorish kings, and is the epitome of architectural beauty. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Cordoba||Leave Granada and drive through the verdant vineyards of Andalusia for a visit to a typical WINE BODEGA in Montilla. Next stop: Cordoba, perhaps Spain's most Moorish city. Join the optional excursion to visit the fascinating Cathedral of Cordoba, one of the most important examples of Moorish architecture outside the Arab world. The evening is at leisure, with time to wander through Europe's second-largest Old Town-an incredible UNESCO World Heritage Site. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Seville||Journey farther into the heart of the Andalusian countryside and stop in picturesque Ecija, the dazzling 'City of Towers.' Then, drive to Seville, which legend says was founded 3,000 years ago by the mythological hero Hercules. Included sightseeing with a Local Guide features many of the city's highlights. This evening, Seville's colorful dance culture awaits during our entertaining optional Flamenco excursion. (B)|
|Day 6||Seville||The day is yours to explore this beautiful Andalusian capital. You could choose to pop into one of the many tapas bars to sample some of the city's most palate-pleasing specialties; do some shopping on Calle Sierpes, Seville's most famous shopping district; or visit the Alcazar, one of the country's most beautiful palaces. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Costa del Sol||Today, drive along the scenic ruta de Los pueblos blancos (route of the whitewashed villages) to incomparable Ronda, a town boasting one of the most dramatic cityscapes in the world. Spanning the deep El Tajo gorge, it is known for its fascinating history, charm, and three remarkable bridges that cross the canyon. Drive along the Costa del Sol to reach your hotel for a final overnight. (B)|
|Day 8||Costa del Sol||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning (the nearest airport is Malaga). (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $350No triple room reductionExtra nights per person in Malaga area:in single room $70-$121; in twin / in triple $35-$852019 departures are subject to itinerary and price modification. Details will be available in September 2018.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).